Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring and Round Sticker Design

Today was "chamber of commerce weather" - a cool morning followed by a high in the low 80s, plenty of sunshine, and bright green new leaves peeking out all over. I took a short drive through a lot of greenery on the way back from the gym.

I FINALLY managed to create the sticker design I've been trying to accomplish (off and on) for almost a year. I've been through quite a few (inexpensive but nice) Etsy designers and trying different software that was way over my head. I downloaded inkscape's free drawing software last night. I knew the missing ingredient was "text to path" and finally I had instructions I could follow!

Here is my little design. Yes, it looks like it should take a reasonably intelligent person 30 minutes. :) It took me about 4 hours, but, hey, that included "on the job training" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment