Thursday, June 25, 2009

Uh Oh . . . I Need Help!


I decided I needed some new photo backgrounds for my Etsy shops. The paper backgrounds I have for the bead shop weren't working well with some of the bead colors. I was getting tired of the greenish cast to the slate I've been using in the jewelry store (especially since a lot of the jewelry is green lately).

So ... I bought a nice brownish slate tile and a new batch of neutral scrapbook paper colors. All was well and good in the photo shoot this morning. That is, until I decided to try the jewelry on the scrapbook paper. The jewelry seems to really pop on that paper. But maybe that's just because I'm so used to the slate?!

I really do like to be consistent with backgrounds within each shop. I really don't want to re-shoot all the 100+ items in the jewelry shop (but some really need new pics). I really like the earthy look of the slate for the jewelry. More Etsy sellers use a paper background than use a slate one. I really use that word a lot!

All that being said, which of these photos do you like better for my Etsy jewelry store?

Thanks for your help.

5 comments:

  1. I think your pics look great. In fact, I'm jealous because they look so great! I do believe it's good to change the colors to contrast slightly with the jewelry, and keeping a natural look to your backgrounds still makes everything cohesive. Don't get rid of your slate, just use it with constrasting colors, like purples. Everything looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both great photos and beautiful earrings! It's hard to choose but I think I prefer the slate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sold on Etsy yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete