Friday, January 15, 2010

Is Anyone Else Hibernating?

I just want to stay under a blanket, drink hot chocolate and sleep on cold, rainy days like today.  I will go to gym in about an hour, though.  Probably.

I thought you might like to see my indoor photo set-up.  The light tent cube is next to a south-facing window.  For sunny days (top photo), I turn on a couple of side lights.   I turn on the light on top when a tree blocks some of the sunlight.

On cloudy days like today (bottom photo), I add one more side light.  All four lights have compact fluorescent bulbs that have a light temperature of 5500K (Kelvin).  That is the same color of light as sunlight.  I set a custom white light balance using a photographer's gray card anyway.  The light tent adds a bit of blue to the colors if I  use the "sunlight" setting and adds too much yellow if I use the "cloudy" setting.




I hope you are all warm and dry today!

1 comment:

  1. hibernating is the right word! I feel like I've been going on half speed for the past 3 months..

    I love to see other people's photo set ups, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete