Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Torch-Fired Enamel

Barbara Lewis, from whom I bought my torch-fired enamel torch head and pulling station, has set up a Ning group for torch fired enamel enthusiasts.  More info and details are on her blog post today.

Here are the results of my first firing session.  I experimented first with some base metal beads that either flaked or melted (not shown in photo). These are four brass beads and two copper washers.  I put two coats of opaque white on each piece.  I then used opaque marigold and transparent egg yellow on the washers and one set of beads.  I skipped the marigold layer on one set of beads.  I think the pair on the left are the ones without the marigold.

4 comments:

  1. Great results. And just think, you won't be dependent on only what's available at your bead store now. Power to the people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo, DELISH! ;o))

    well done hon!

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all! There were some boo-boos that I didn't let you see. Still learning...

    ReplyDelete