Sunday, April 4, 2010

Corpus Christi




The Corpus Christi Festival of the Arts was a fun show and the weather was perfect. I had super-nice neighbors Susan Best (click on her name to see her Etsy shop) and Diane the photographer. I'll update with Diane's last name as soon as I figure out what I did with the business cards I gathered at the show. There was a lot going on, including the Italian street painting above by artist Julie Kirk Purcell. The art looks more 3-d in a photo than it does in person, oddly enough.


Monday afternoon I went on a whooping crane boat tour in the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. We saw at least a dozen whoopers, including this pair. They are 5 feet tall and have an 8-foot wingspan. I'll post more photos later.


I stopped and took a lot of pics of the glorious wildflowers on the drive back to Austin. That is blue-eyed grass on the left and good old Indian paintbrush on the right. Does anyone know what the yellow one is?

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time! And that photo of the 3-D scene gave me a double take - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    Thanks sos much for coming over and taking the time to leave me a cute comment. I enjoyed looking at the photos of the wildflowers. When I was quite young me family lived in Arlington for three years. My greatest memory is the wildflowers that were blooming EVERYWHERE in the spring. The ones I remember most were blue, but what a spectacular site it was! Happy Spring!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete