Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bead Soup Blog Party is Starting


Today is the day for mailing our bead soups to our partners. Well, actually, today is the deadline (but I digress). My swap partner is Jess, the Director of Education of Vintaj Natural Brass Co. I'm so looking forward to getting her package! My humble offering to her is the bead soup above.

The lampwork beads are from a booth neighbor at an Austin Bead Society Bazaar years ago. I love their neutral colors and textures, so it was an easy choice to send them. Starting from the lower left and going counter-clockwise, the other beads are: fossilized coral, sterling silver from Bali, smoky quartz, a sterling silver clasp, Czech glass and rutilated quartz.

The jewelry results will be posted June 19th. Head over to Lori Anderson's blog for a full list of participants.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice earthy selection of beads! I hope I can keep up with everyone's projects this time. You are a lucky dog to get matched up with Vintaj...can't wait to see your loot!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - Thanks! I was pretty intimated when I found out who my partner was. :) I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete