Saturday, May 8, 2010

Show Frenzy


The San Antonio Starving Artists Art Show was in a beautiful park with large pecan trees. I saw a lot of friends and made some new ones. I love the artwork of Michal. Her website shows her interior paintings only. You'll just have to imagine how awesome her canvases are.

I completely forgot that the San Antonio Bead and Ornament Society (SABOS) show was the same weekend. I've become spoiled with Intergem coming to Austin twice a year now and no longer make the pilgrimage to SABOS. The SABOS commercial makes me wish I could have teleported back and forth between the shows!

I did the "First Thursday" event on S. Congress Avenue (Austin) May 6th. The local merchants stay open until 9 or 10 p.m. and vendor booths pop up all over the place. It was fun and I had decent sales. It was also a lot of work for basically two hours (7 p.m. to 9 p.m.) of shoppers.

I'm a busy bee now getting ready for my show on Memorial Day weekend. Whee!

1 comment:

  1. I love show frenzy!I hope you were successful!

    ReplyDelete