Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bead & Button - Day 5 and Shopping Wrap-Up

The last day was Cold Bezels and Hot Enamels with Mary Hettmansperger.  Before you look at what I made in Mary's class, let me say that Mary is an EXCELLENT teacher.  She showed and told us lots of tips and techniques.  She was on her feet the entire class, checking in with everyone who needed help, answering  questions, and looking around to see if anyone had a question or looked confused.  So... the fact that I made a strange fugly thing in her class is no reflection on Mary.  :)   I was clearly trying techniques willy-nilly with no plan.  Notice that I textured the bottom piece again after lining up and punching the rivet holes. Not good.  :)

  
Now for the shopping! 

Indonesian Lampwork Beads

Small Cold Connection Thingies

Art Beads
From top left, clockwise:
ceramic connector from Lisa Peters Art, 
lampwork beads (amazing color!) from Alethia Donathan,
another ceramic connector from Lisa Peters Art,
palmwood beads from Gary B. Wilson, and
polymer clay willow connector from Heather Powers (Humblebeads).

Texture Molds
 Color Wheels from Beverly Ash Gilbert

Cuff Bracelet by Kevin O'Grady (splurge!)


I'm off to make and sell lots of stuff so I can go back next year.  It was a blast!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment